Love it!

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Meet the Blogger

Hi guys

I'm originally for New Orleans.  I moved to Houston to pursue a masters degree and teacher certification at Rice University which enabled me to teach high school English for six years.  And boy did I hate it (minus meeting a few awesome students and nice coworkers).  If you read my previous post, then you know that I quit my teaching job and  focused more attention and time to educating on my then two-year-old and new business.  It was then that I caught the mompreneur bug.

I found a passion for business and working for myself and had NO desire to return to a 9 to 5.  Since then, I began an online t-shirt shop for my sorors of Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc. and have launched an Internet/social media marketing business.  And now, I'm trying my hand at blogging.  So you can say I know a little about business and working online.

Working from home, particularly solely online, has afforded me the opportunity to work from anywhere there is an Internet connection (i.e. grocery store, car, doctor's office).  I won't lie and tell you it's been a piece of cake because it is still a job and you have to be determined and disciplined to be successful.  But it is a job that allows me to sleep in, to work from my bed when it's cold out, to work at night while the kids are asleep or while I'm nursing my newborn (like now) and to not work at all if I don't want to.   And best of all, I don't have a crazy boss to answer to....unless you count my husband. Just kidding.

Enough about me.  Comment below and tell me a little about you. Are you a stay-at-home parent or spouse?  Are you open to working from home as well?  I'd love to know more about the people who actually give my little ole blog the time of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment