Yes, I'm still harping on getting a Facebook page because I know you haven't gotten one... or have you? If you still need a little more convincing, here are more reasons why you need a Facebook business page from Beverly Spears' "Reasons Why Your Business Needs a FaceBook Page":
1. Search Engine Optimization has become totally intertwined with social media. A business page’s Facebook EdgeRank , the analytic tool for FaceBook exposure, is another factor in making sure your name and content appear when people search for you or your service. Statistics reveal that businesses receive a 185% increase in website traffic when they have more than 1,000 fans (LIKES).
2. Facebook is the largest Social Media Channel as far as number of users and time people spend on it. The estimated 955 million active users spend an average of 6 1/2 hours per month on Facebook. 50% of smartphones are actually connecting to Facebook every hour of every day.
3. The ability to use the many apps available to promote events and market products and services. I think the most significant app is one that allows you to offer newsletter sign-ups right on Facebook . That’s HUGE. Content is king but your list is queen of online marketing.
4. Frequency of posts is quite different on profiles vs. pages. It is suggested that optimized business pages post at least once a day. I have a lot to say so that points to the value of a page. Plus on a business page, you no longer have to be concerned about talking about business too much.
5. The option to run ads. In an analysis of more than 60 Facebook marketing campaigns, 49 percent reported a return on investment of more than five times, while 70 percent had a return on investment greater than three times. Wow.
6. FaceBook clearly offers expanded opportunities to engage with ideal clients. It’s true that pages must be managed strategically to even be seen or noticed, but creativity can be rewarded by deepening your conversation and increasing your accessibility.
I would also like to add two more reasons:
- Facebook also provides insights into your target market. You can learn what days they are most often on Facebook and even what times of the day that they are on Facebook. This information allows you to schedule time to post during those days and times rather than posting throughout the every day.
- It provides a stamp of "with-it"ness. Today, Facebook is the website to yesterday. Once upon a time, if you did not have a website, you weren't a real business. Now if you don't have a website AND a Facebook page, you aren't "in the know".
So join the cool kids on the block and create your Facebook business page here. Then, come back and grab this awesome mini-course to get your page off of the ground.
Until my next post.... I wish you peace, patience and prosperity.