Love it!

Monday, March 24, 2014

What does retirement look like to you?

Hey guys

Sorry for being MIA this past week but I have been working extremely hard on adding an additional stream of income for the family.  If all goes well, my husband should be able to quit his job by the end of the year.  Yes, I said the end of the year.  This one stream will allows us to spend more time growing our other streams of income without having to work a 9 to 5 any longer.

Though a 9 to 5 provides some measure of security, we also learned a few months ago that it also can deny you time with your family, time for a vacation and time to enjoy life (read here).  If you remember, my post about the CASHFLOW quadrant, you remember that jobs force you to trade time for money.  Some people get excited about working 2-3 jobs but not me.  That's why I'm working hard to move on the other side of the equation and own a system/business that has people work for me.  This system/business will, in turn, allow my husband to expand our business into the investment realm and allow our money to work for us.  So essentially, we will be trading money for more money.


So what does retirement look like for me?
  • a chef, nanny and maid
  • $10,000 in emergency savings and growing
  • $20,000 in the boys' savings accounts
  • 3+ trips/cruises a year
  • A four bedroom home with an office
  • Sleeping in
  • Enjoying my 30s with my husband (that should have been first on the list)
  • Great performing investments. 
This is how we will get there..
  • Pay off debt a year from now (I hate owing anyone ANYTHING)
  • Retire my husband from his 9 to 5 job. (He deserves it)
  • Two years from now, retire myself with this major income stream
  • Let our system make money for us on autopilot
  • Expand our territory

So what does retirement for you include? trading time for money  for 40 years or trading money (investing) for more money in a few years?  Comment below.  If you would like to trade money for more money rather than time for money, then join this event today.  

Until next time, I wish you peace, patience and prosperity.

No comments:

Post a Comment