Love it!

Friday, March 14, 2014

Why did I get married?

Black loveThis June my husband and I will have been married 6 years  though we like to say we've been married since the day we met 8 years ago.  We've been though 1 hurricane evacuation, 2 kids, 3 major familial deaths, 3 job losses, 2 resignations, 1 major flood, financial crises, and 1 new home.  And yet, none of those things answer why I married my husband.

Here's why

Last Thursday, I was having the hardest time with my 4 year old.   He drained me (which is why I suggested a sitter in this article).  I spoke with my husband earlier that day and he knew what I was going through.  By the time he came home from work, I had checked out- mentally and emotionally.  Guys, I was tapped out. I was feeling really low that day.  I was second-guessing my parenting, second-guessing my decision to stay home with my kids, second-guessing working from home and so much more.

My husband came home and did exactly what I needed him to do.  He kissed me ever so softly, got under the covers with me and held me until I fell asleep.  This, my friends, is why I got married.  He knew EXACTLY what I needed and did it.  My husband may not be perfect but he has my back when I need him most.


 
Until next time, I wish you peace, patience and prosperity.


No comments:

Post a Comment